Friday, March 23, 2007

Cry from the Soul

Today’s insight is so simple, yet has a depth of emotions.

“For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins. Thou has caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.” Psalm 66:10-12.

Since a late night in February, when the Lord spoke to me clearly about a life situation, it has been a steady trial of faith. How long will I endure? How long will I hold fast? Just how strong is my faith? Do I truly believe, despite circumstances and appearances, that thing He told me?

Silver is tried through fire. The metal is melted down over intense heat, letting the impurities float to the surface where they can be scrapped off. The remaining silver is once again subjected to the intense heat and once again, the revealed impurities are scrapped off the top. Time and time again, the heat is applied so that the final product will be as pure as it possibly can… but it is painful.

I have been through an intense fire for over two years now. I have been tried in the furnace of affliction. Trials have overtaken me and I have borne burdens crafted by my Prover within a milligram of what I can bear. I have been stretched and broken, repaired and rebroken. Every ounce of fight and defiance has been beaten and burned out of me and I no longer have the same stubbornness I used to.

A spirit once broken is never the same. When it is broken by another human, the result is a ruined and downtrodden life. A spirit broken by its Creator is broken gently and is lovingly reformed into a compliant and tender heart.

Through the fire of trials and tribulations I am being pulled. Through the vales and torrents of water I am being floated. Why the pain? Why the tears? Why?

It is not for me to ask why. I am merely to accept He knows what is best for my future and to trust He knows the structure I need for the future He has planned for me. Structure defines destiny and only One knows exactly what I need. No more Why’s, only steadfast faith.

I will stand firm. I will hold on. There isn’t any of me left and I can no longer fight against His hand. Only by His grace am I able to endure. Only by His will I am.

And on the horizon I see His promise to me… a wealthy place.

He will provide. Every sorrow, every tear, every pain will be washed away as this newly-shaped vessel will be brought out of that molding period… to be brought out into a wealthy place.

I am ready.