Sunday, June 17, 2007

relationships and time machines

Before I begin, I'm going to make some assumptions. I'm going to assume that you, visitor-to-my-blog, know of God and that you believe that an instantiation of Him, namely Jesus, came to be born, live, and voluntarily gave up His life. These are, to me, givens ... and I mention them because they are assumptions I bring to the table. These are the easy assumptions.

I am also going to assume that your understanding of your responsibility to God includes a relationship with God. And that you are accountable to Him to claim and accept the sacrifice of Jesus daily, to die to self daily, and to seek your day's attributes through your relationship to Him. This is the harder of the two assumptions - it is less passive and far more involved. Especially because it can touch on nearly every decision of your life.

Thus, I now reach the point in this post where the essence of the content is broached. And I bring notes to consider.
I - I have confirmation that a beautiful woman is to be my wife.
That said woman is the same woman I have been courting.
That said woman is on the same page as regards being my wife.
That said confirmation has come from several points, directly connecting to several miracles.
II - I have confirmation this is not something that is approached with equal degrees of joy.
That said joy is not shared across the board.
That said confirmation was not received by every onlooker.

And thus I have learned, and been reminded, that the Lord's timing and guidance are needed in all things, especially a marriage. That the Lord has His own time table for things. And one of the greatest faith-building exercises are to gain faith through acting as if the faith were already there. And that the Lord is in control, and to focus on anything else inevitably magnifies the real nature of your relationship to God. Either your focus will bring your heart more in line with God or it won't.

Call to action:
Please agree with my prayers that I have the wisdom to hearken to God. Please agree with my prayers that I have the foresight, patience, and focus to act on the hearkening to God.
Please agree with my prayers that others involved in this process see clearly what God wants them to see, are blessed by the revelation, and are too able to act in accordance with the will of Jesus Christ.

<3