Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Manner

I have recently achieved ownership of a book by one Frank E. Peretti - it is a compilation of two 'blockbuster novels in one volume: This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness'. I'm on the fourth chapter of the first book, This Present Darkness, and I'm as a honed blade, more aware than ever how my life is often one praise report after another and how often I am under attack. I claim it as a blessing, but the closer I feel and know myself to be attentive to the words of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, the more often I feel as if so many, many other distractions are far more alluring. I am reminded that the result of accepting and following any one of those distractions is always, reliably, and explicitly, a falling away from Christ Jesus.

And so I claim it as a blessing, to know that I'm being singled out, because it means I am a believer, a member of the body of Christ, and that God has a purpose for the tools, talents, and resources He has given me. And I am awakened to the reality that the single greatest shared characteristic of the believer is the capacity, certainly spiritual in origin, to withstand such attacks - for said endurance is not of the flesh and it is only through the grace and mercy of my Lord and Savior that surviving to the last is possible.

So I encourage you - you who are reading this journal, this blog, these words - hold fast, stand humbled before Jesus, and spend time daily, as often as He leads, and more often if you aren't led, to open yourself to ONLY Jesus and ache to hear the words of He who loves you!

Call to action
Resolve to set aside daily a time for hearing Christ Jesus BEFORE you start your day.
Begin your day in reverent, focused, first-love prayer.
Plan on beginning your day with such prayer, going to sleep a little earlier the day before.
Resolve to set aside daily a time for hearing Christ Jesus DURING your day.
Choose to pray prior to minor events, during lunch, and throughout the hours of your day.
Plan on giving God a sacrifice of praise by setting aside an hour for just Him.
Resolve to set aside daily a time for hearing Christ Jesus AFTER your day.
Awaken the sweet Love you have for Christ and claim His will in your life.
Plan on capping your day with the presence of Jesus.
Don't go seeking after Jesus, instead spend time hearkening to His love, words, and direction.

No comments: