Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tender mercies as euthanasiatic propensity

I am tempted to mention April fools day here, simply because it has elements of paganism, something I would speak against. I have no large portion of words to share, save for the phrasing that seems to be floating about concerning it, that April 1st is the official holiday of Atheists.
This turn of events is chiefly caused by the association between the first day in April and that of the phrase "fool", whilst simultaneously relating to the passing indicating that it is a fool that does not acknowledge the existence of God (Psalms 14:1 KJV), hence the association. So, if it be in your heart to observe today as a day of mirth in and of itself, I would heartily ask you to consider the source of you levity. And if you are a believer in our dear Lord Christ, I would ask you to pray for those poor souls who, to quote an old knight who was visited by Harrison Ford - "You have chosen poorly."

The tenth verse in Proverbs 12 reminds us that tender mercies are often crueler than understanding the whole of a thing, and acting accordingly. I don't know if it was intended, but I am reminded of euthanasia, that sickeningly devious moral dilemma, wherein someone's life is given the option of opting out because of a physical ailment. I can't say I have any particular wisdom here, and I know that man is not the same as beast, but I have to wonder at what point letting someone survive past the point where they can be functionally included in their own life is a good thing. Not that the definitions for any of those terms is clear cut, but the whole field of euthanasia is clearly one where God is not present. One of the areas where I have regularly heard God speak to me is in regards to that amazing relationship that can, and should, exist between Himself and a believer. It should be personal and daily. One of the results of this kind of relationship, I believe, is that euthanasia would never be an issue. I am not making light of this issue - on the contrary, I feel rather strongly about assisted suicide. But the fact remains that, as long as you codify morality, as long as you make a set of guidelines out of the well-thought-out decisions of families, you run the risk of unjust, immoral, and horrific decisions, in the name of wisdom. And it is that all lawmakers should guard against, but also one of the most devious things to lack detection.

So what is today's call to action?
Walk with God!
God loves everyone reading this journal (and everyone else besides - God IS love, yes?) and I have seen, in scripture and prayer, that it hurts God to be out of fellowship with His faithful followers. Imagine if your earthly father provided everything you could ever want before you even realized you needed it, gave you ever opportunity to grow into the very best you could be, and you didn't spend any time getting to know him, because you were too busy?
It is an easy decision to make on a daily basis - it is, I believe, the default of the majority of us. The result is that God, pouring His heart out daily, is regularly (dare I say religiously) rejected by nearly everyone, but in particular those who would claim His salvation.
I can't say this is you, certainly I don't have the gift of prophecy at this time. But I would call you to ask yourself, as well as pray, about your own walk with Jesus. Have you been listening?
Likewise, I believe we are called to be accountable to God (at the very least), and with this in mind, if you notice someone not bearing fruit, who clearly indicates they love Jesus, I would pray for/about that person. If God places it on your heart to pray for them daily, obviously do that. Likewise, if God places it on your heart to approach them about their lack of fruit, one might address the gains in ones life that follow an active relationship with Christ!

Go with God's grace!

No comments: