Monday, September 08, 2008

Alive by the faith of another

I was meditating on Galatians 2:20 again (I am crucified with Christ; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave his life for me.)


I am alive now by the faith of Jesus Christ.


And so are you.


Ruminate on that a little bit - it is because of the faith and faithful of Jesus Christ that you can read these words, breathe this air, and think these thoughts.


It is because Jesus knew you would need a helping hand that he chose to suffer. On your behalf.


It is so easy to take it for granted. But it appears to lose its luster. People change. Jesus doesn't seem as bright any more.


Jesus didn't change - we did. We give up our first love for distraction, addiction, or election - but we have the choice right now!


Repent! Remember Jesus died for you!

No comments: