Thursday, January 03, 2008

Silence opportunities

One of the more interesting aspects of my relationship with Christ Jesus is a recurring experience - I will have a series of communiqués with Him, some very close together, some far apart - and then what appears to be silence.

It is in these silences that my faith has an active chance to express itself. To grow, to develop, to change, to be nurtured, to be tested.

I can certainly claim it as an opportunity to wait patiently. Likewise I can use it as an opportunity to recognize the strengths and weaknesses in my walk with Christ. What I cannot do is assume that my relationship ceases to exist.

In the same way, you are engaged in some manner of Christ Jesus. You may be experiencing some moment of turmoil, embroiled in the most dynamic experience of your life, or between events. In any case, Christ is real, and moments of silence are to be treasured as much as direct communication with Him.

I challenge you to be thankful of Jesus today

... to bring every thought captive

... to choose meekness and charity over pride

... to intention every moment with seeking first His kingdom

... to be as He intended - full of the joy of His love

No comments: