Monday, August 13, 2007

Father

Please forgive the idiosyncratic title - it will continue until I finish the sentence.
Please forgive the infrequent postings - I have been much away from this place.

I have a new reason to write, to complement the purpose of this blog - to mast the art of writing well. Pursuant to that I have found, as reference, a book by Thomas Uzzell, something of a work so well regarded I haven't found anyone thrashing it and a good many people referencing it as the basis for analysis of narrative technique. Seeing as one of my weaknesses is the narrative (in prose, in life, as well as most of my writing) it is something I can certainly work on; and I believe my blog posts will be better for it - so much so that I wish to invest my time in blogging by covering the same type of material, but do so through doing narrative technique exercises.

If I do my job well, you won't notice ... and, I suppose, if I do my job poorly you won't notice either. That being said, I won't be working on it just now ... but soon.

Welcome back, dear reader.

May the Lord Jesus Christ lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.